is brought to you with love from the ZSFG hospital garden
and volunteers from Community Wellness Program
Our Garden Giveaways program, student interns and volunteers work with hospital gardeners to harvest and distribute hospital- grown vegetables and herbs to participants in hospital-based chronic and acute disease management groups as well as participants in the hospital’s smoking cessation program. The vegetables and herbs are accompanied by relevant recipes in English and Spanish. The mission is to provide fresh organic produce to patients and their families in order to inspire an incorporation of vegetables into their daily diets. All produce that is shared with participants are grown locally in one of our many onsite ZSFG raised garden beds.
Interested in Garden Giveaways? How to register your group!
Groups must meet the following criteria:
- Meets consecutively for a series of time
- Meets AT LEAST 4 times
- Undertakes the responsibilities listed below:
- Completes program registration form
- Retrieving produce from the Community Wellness Center refrigerator each week and distributing ALL produce to group participants.
- Distributing the Garden Giveaways cookbook and answering questions about its recipes with participants.
- Providing accurate distribution statistics to the Community Wellness Center on a weekly basis.
- Distributing, completing, and returning the evaluation survey AFTER the season or group sequence. The coordinator will be responsible for making sure this survey gets filled out by each participant and returned to the Community Wellness Center. This is very important for the program.
- Canceling any unwanted produce distributions by Thursday of the week prior to the distribution.
To further inquire about receiving Garden Giveaways produce, contact Community Wellness Program Coordinator at (415) 206-4996.
To Enroll for the 2017 season, please click here by April 28th, 2017.
Attention Enrolled Participants!
Now that you’ve enrolled in the award winning Garden Giveaways Program, it’s time to enjoy everything this program has to offer. Should you loose access to your Garden Giveaways Cookbook, you may access a copy of it right here Garden Giveaways 2016 Cookbook.
Group instructors, please remember to collect our valuable evaluations from ALL Garden Giveaways participants. Should you forget to pick them up from our office, please print them using the below links.
To view your groups weekly distribution, please view the calendar below. To change weekly distribution, please email us at email@example.com.