The Community Wellness Program provides volunteers with opportunities to work with us as Wellness Navigators.
Wellness Navigators are healthcare professionals, students, and community members who want to help us spread the wellness message. If you would like to join the Wellness Team as a Wellness Navigator please complete the Volunteer Application.
What is the Wellness Navigator Program?
The Wellness Navigator Program trains volunteers and student interns to support and promote the Community Wellness Program. The program supports volunteers and student interns in their personal and professional development by giving them hands on experience in promoting wellness throughout our community.
- Interest & knowledge about health, fitness, and/or wellness
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to function independently as a collaborative, supportive team member.
- Enrolled in or completed a 4 year degree
- Must dedicate a minimum of 8 hours a week as a Wellness Navigator; 100 hours over the minimium of 3 months period
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish or English/Cantonese)
- Advanced computer skills
- Development skills
- Photography/ Video Documentation experience
To apply for the Navigator Program, please complete a Volunteer Application.
Applications for the Fall quarter beginning on September 1st will be accepted during the dates July 1 – July 31.
Applications for the Winter quarter beginning on January 1 will be accepted during the dates November 1 – December 15.
Applications for the Summer quarter beginning on June 1 will be accepted during the dates April 1 – April 30.